Can Oatmeal Cure Your Acne Prone Skin?
When managing your acne, natural remedies are usually better than over-the-counter acne treatments. Not only are they efficient and affordable, but they also don’t create unwanted effects. One of the best natural treatments for acne is oatmeal. But why does oatmeal cure skin so well as a natural treatment option?
Oatmeal For Acne
Oatmeal prevents pores from clogging by absorbing extra oils on your face. It also removes dead skin cells and toxins from your skin, and is a great exfoliator. Oatmeal also reduces swelling and irritation with it’s anti-inflammatory properties. Cooked oatmeal soothes your skin, and raw oatmeal will exfoliate dead skin cells.
Oatmeal can also dry blemishes, prevent acne from forming, and helps retain your skins natural moisture. It also encourages new skin growth by wiping away toxins, and kills bacteria that causes acne.
Oatmeal’s powerful antioxidents and polysaccharides prevent skin damage and retain elasticity and firmness. The ingredients it contains regulate the production of natural oils and restore the hormone levels in your skin.
Using Oatmeal To Treat Acne
Using oatmeal alone, or combining it with other natural products will keep your skin fresh and healthy. Here is one recipe
Oatmeal Face Mask:
1. Cook 1 cup of plain oas by following the package directions.
2. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of organic honey.
3. Allow it to cool down to room temperature.
4. Apply to your face and nexk using your fingertips.
5. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Rinse with warm water, splash with cool water to close your pores, then pat your face dry.